In the WSJ - 2005
- I love being a conservative.
We conservatives are proud of our philosophy. Unlike our liberal friends,
who are constantly looking for new words to conceal their true beliefs
and are in a perpetual state of reinvention, we conservatives are
unapologetic about our ideals.
- We are confident in our principles and energetic about openly
advancing them. We believe in individual liberty, limited government,
capitalism, the rule of law, faith, a color-blind society and national
- We support school choice, enterprise zones, tax cuts, welfare
reform, political speech, homeowner rights and the war on terrorism.
- And at our core we embrace and celebrate the most magnificent
governing document ever ratified by any nation — the U.S. Constitution.
Along with the Declaration of Independence, which recognizes our
God-given natural right to be free, it is the foundation on which our
government is built and has enabled us to flourish as a people.
- We conservatives are never stronger than when we are advancing our
- The only thing cruel about the death penalty is last-minute stays.
- Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access
to the mainstream of society.
- Ref - Kidnapping of Peace Activists in Iraq:
I'm telling you, folks, there's a part of me that likes this ... I
like any time a bunch of leftist, feelgood hand-wringers are shown
- I don't care if they're Republican liberals or Democrat liberals,
they're still liberals. They're not "moderates." Don't hit me with that.
There's no such thing as a moderate. A moderate is just a liberal
disguise, and they are doing everything they can to derail the
conservative agenda, and they've been frustrated, they haven't been able
to do anything about it because conservatism has been so strong.
- You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government
fails to follow the first one.
- No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity.
- If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad,
he should see how it is with representation.
- Liberal Democrats are inexorably opposed to tax cuts, because tax
cuts give people more power, and take away from the role of government.
- Truce is an old Arabic word. Goes way, way back in Islamic-Arabic
culture, and it means, "We will get you later."