Rush Limbaugh's List
of Clinton Campaign Promises
- "Vote for me and we'll produce more natural gas in Texas"
- "The West should establish a $6 billion fund to stabilize the Russian
- "I will streamline the federal government and change the way it works, cut
100,000 bureaucrats and put 100,000 new police officers on your streets of
- "I promise you I will never bash public employees"
- "I would want the first judge I appointed to believe in the right to
privacy and the right to choose"
- "[What] would work is to raise the top tax rate on people with gross incomes
above $200,000 to 35% or 36% and put a surtax on people with incomes of $1
million of more a year"
- "We should pay up--and pay now--the past dues we owe to the U.N."
- "If I become president, we will keep a kosher kitchen in the White House"
- "Under our health care system, all Americans will have access to quality
and affordable health care through coverage from their employer, or if they're
unemployed through the government"
- "I want a leaner bureaucracy and more investment"
- "A national apprenticeship program for non-college-bound young people so
they can get good jobs, fully fund Head Start--those things are not terribly
- "To the fathers who have chosen to abandon their children by neglecting
child support. Take responsibility for your children or we will force you to
- "U.S. troop levels can be safely reduced to a force in the range of 75,000
- "As soon as the Pentagon issued a study which said there was no basis in
national security for disciminating based on sexual orientation of Americans
who wish to serve in the military, I said I would act on the study"
- "I am going to send Al Gore to Capitol Hill to take the lead in passing
program in the first 100 days of the new administration"
- "I would bring in all the players within the first 60 days and tell them
develop a national health care plan"
- "The Clinton-Gore Administration will view the support of generic
industrial technologies as a priority mission"
- "My first priority would be to pass a jobs program to introduce it on the
first day I was inaugurated"
- "My plan offers $50 billion in new investments over the next four
years--new incentives for the private sector, and investment tax credit, urban
enterprise zones, new business tax incentives, research and development
incentives and others"
- "At the very least, 10 % of the $76 billion that the government now spends
each year on research should be redirected from the Pentagon's research effort
to civil efforts"
- "We can give you a country again where we are pro-growth and
pro-environment. Where we are pro-business and pro-labor. Where we are
pro-civil rights and pro-civil order. Where we are pro-family and pro-choice"
- "When it comes to AIDS, there should be a Manhattan Project"
- "We can pledge right now that for every dollar we reduce the defense budget
on research and development, we'll increase the civilian research and
development budget by the same amount"
- "I want to increase federal funding for research, prevention and treatment
- "I support a strong American role in the UN and with the EC to end Serbian
aggression. I have supported the use of multilateral military force if
- "My administration will stand up for democracy and buttress democratic
forces in Haiti, Pru and throughout the Western Hemisphere"
- "We need not just a new generation of leadership, but a new gender of
leadership. This is the minority I enjoy being in"
- "Those who can [after two years on welfare] will have to go back to work,
either by taking a job in the private sector or through community service"
- "The United States should lead the fight to slow global warming, instead of
dragging our feet and ignoring important scientific data"
- "I want to appoint one person, man or woman, to oversee and coordinate all
federal efforts related to this issue [AIDS]"
- "A Clinton-Gore Administration will not permit American firms again to sell
key technologies to outlaw states like Iraq"
- "I certainly will give every consideration to Hispanic candidates for the
- "The old addage 'mi casa, su casa' will be true when my house is the White
- "All the money by which we reduce defense research and development I would
put immediately into domestic, commercial research and development"
- "I will elevate economics; create an Economic Security Council similar to
the National Security Council"
- "My administration will reduce our forces, but maintain a credible presence
in Europe and Asia"
- "I want people like some of you in this audience to be a part of a Clinton
Administration, not because of or in spite of your sexual orientation, but
because American needs you"
- "You live in a country that makes it harder to raise children than any
other country in the world. You vote for me and I'll give you family values"
- "If I become president, I will continue to reach out to the American
people. I'll get back on a bus when I'm president. I'll go back and have
meetings and let ordinary people ask me questions. I will not hide behind the
walls of the White House"
- "After this election is over, I will continue to reach out to the American
- "If I become presidnt, I will have a cabinet that looks like America"
- "My strategy puts people first by investing more than $50 billion each year
for the next four years to put America back to work--the most dramatic economic
growth package since WWII"
- "With the dwindling Soviet threat, we can cut defense spending by more than
a third by 1997"
- "I propose that the US must take the lead in putting together a bridge loan
to help Russia make the transition from its old system to its new economy"
- "Middle-class taxpayers will have the choice between a children's tax
credit or a significant reduction in their income tax rate"
- "Vote for me and we'll conserve more energy all over America"
- "We'll restore the dignity of blue-collar work by guaranteeing an
apprenticeship program to every non-college-bound student in the USA"
- "We will link China's trading privileges to its human rights record and its
conduct on trade and weapons sales"
- "We'll seek to raise the average goal for automakers to 45 miles per
- "We'll pass a national bottle bill to encourage recycling by creating small
deposits on all glass and plastic bottles"
- "I will not raise taxes on the middle class to pay for these programs"