Guns are NOT Needed
The following is from a blog (link below).
Some call it tongue in
cheek, others call it ironical.
Guns are not needed.
- Guns are used in self-defense over 2 million times a year. However,
this makes the attempted crime a "non-event," which necessarily
complicates the Police investigation. Without civilian ownership of
guns, these Police investigations would not have been compromised.
Civilians should leave crime prevention to the Police, who are properly
equipped to investigate following the crime's completion.
- Some .004 % (4/1000 of 1%) of guns are used in crime each year.
This is way too high. All guns should be banned.
- Guns are unnecessary. In 98% of civilian gun defenses, no shot is
fired. If you are not going to fire a shot, you clearly don't need a
gun. This proves that the guns are unnecessary. Banning guns will
prevent these unnecessary defenses.
- Guns cause criminal migration. In tough gun-law Washington, D. C.,
violent crime rates are very high. This high crime rate is caused by
the migration of criminals from gun havens like Virginia. This
migration is caused by the criminal's cowardly avoidance of armed
householders and concealed-carry civilians. This criminal migration is
detrimental to helpless unarmed citizens in no-gun areas and must be
stopped. Therefore, guns should be banned everywhere.
- Most gun crimes are committed by inner city gangs and drug dealers.
These relatively small and geographically restricted groups consistently
commit the majority of gun crimes, which usually peak as turf wars
erupt over Drug War changes. The best way to prevent this is by denying
guns to all law abiding people everywhere.
- No woman needs to protect herself from rape, assault or murder. The
Police will protect women by investigating the crime after the fact.
Remember, Police paperwork is all the protection anyone really needs.
- Gun owners are disrespectful of authority. Good citizens should
completely rely on the authorities. A failure to do so is an invariable
sign of improper and overly independent attitudes. Failure to completely
and absolutely trust and depend on the authorities is excessive
democracy and sends a bad message to children.
- Guns owners engaging in self-defense are taking the law into their
own hands. This is wrong. Only the Police and Criminals have the right
to take the law into their own hands. Guns should be kept out of the
hands of law abiding citizens.
- Children and young people should remain ignorant about guns. Real
guns and real gun knowledge dissipate the fantasies created by violent
video games and TV. Ignorance, once lost, can never be restored and
needs to be protected. Not to mention the lost sales of all the violent
movies, TV shows, video games, etc!
- Guns reduce people's reliance on the Police and Government. This
fosters a mistaken belief in "rights". No person has the right to
question authority. No person should be less than 100% dependent on
authority. This is fundamental to social order. Banning guns will help
to establish the Order the authorities want. This is good.
I just looked, and someone decided these statements were too
moronic for even liberals to accept, so they deleted the post (roll